Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's Raining!

Woohoo, its raining! This is a good thing. My 3 little "water tanks" (really 200L x-olive drums) are all empty. I asked for rain and down it came. It will also be a good thing for my recent plantings.

Also, in my shed, where I put the tomato seeds to hopefully grow, I have found tomato seedlings! I am loving this, as last year I couldn't manage to get any to germinate. Now I just have to look after them until they are ready to move into the garden (despite the nice weather, I am still scared of late frosts). My pear tree has its first flowers blooming, the Nashi is in full flower, and the apple has one fully open beautiful bloom. I love this time of the year in my garden. The only depressing thing is that the spectacular magnolia flowers are now turning brown and falling to the ground. My son told me today "broken" as he pointed to the fallen petals. That made me a little sad.

I have harvested some of the parsnips as I am too impatient to leave them any longer. They could be a little bigger, but they are sweet and tender. My first parsnips! I will definitely grow them again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment